At Revitalize Medical Center, we prioritize the health and safety of our patients and staff. We recognize the COVID-19 pandemic may make it a challenge to come into the office and offer telemedicine visits for follow-ups and regular office visits with Dr. DeCaria.
The goal of a telemedicine visit is to keep you safe while still having the chance to meet with Dr. DeCaria to address your pain and health concerns. Telemedicine visits are available through an encrypted, HIPAA compliant, video-conferencing platform, Doxy. Me. You can watch a short YouTube video explaining how to log on to Doxy. Me and how to use it here.
What to Expect from a Telemedicine Visit:
- About 5-10 minutes before your appointment time, someone from our office staff will give you a call to check you in prior to your visit with Dr. DeCaria. Please have an updated list of your current medications prepared.
- In the day(s) leading up to your appointment, you will receive an email with two links:
- The first one is a consent form for telemedicine. You simply need to click on it and fill it out.
- The Doxy. Me link to meet with Dr. DeCaria. See below for further guidance on how to log in.
- A telemedicine visit is still billed as normal to your insurance company. Payments may apply to this service depending on if you have a co-payment, coinsurance, or have not yet met your deductible.
- Following your telemedicine visit, you may need to schedule an in-office appointment depending on your pain needs. The office staff would give you a call, if this is the case, to schedule your appointment.
Helpful Tips for a Telemedicine Visit:
- Make sure you “ALLOW” your browser access to your device’s camera and microphone. Below is a Doxy. Me step-by-step instruction guide on how to join the telemedicine call from scratch.
- Block 30 minutes for your scheduled virtual appointment to ensure you have time before your scheduled appointment to set up your technological equipment and in case of potential delays. You may need some time prior to your appointment for this set-up and to be checked in by the office staff, as mentioned above.
Here is a step-by-step instruction guide on how to check in to Doxy. Me for your telemedicine visit. As mentioned above, the link to the call will be sent to your email prior to your appointment. As always, feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about telemedicine.